Professional Development: 2017 Brazilian Music Institute in Florida


Oi!  I ran across a program called Brazilian Musicology and Ethnomusicology offered by the University of Florida.  It is a week intensive running from May 22-27, 2017 in Davie, FL. This is so cool!

Participants can choose to focus on varying instruments such as piano, wind instruments, vocal, guitar and percussion.  It is open to community members as well as college students.  This is a wonderful opportunity for musicians who are interested in Brazilian music.  I am not sure if there is a language component; however, for teachers, it might be good to learn about Brazilian music to be able to take it back to the classroom.  This is also a cheap program, as the cost for the week is only $200!

To make my list, a program has to be financially feasible.  Fortunately, they offer a first come, first serve scholarship to offset the cost of tuition.  However, I am not sure if you are coming from out of town, if it would be economically feasible if you are staying at a hotel for the week.  I have had success informing workshop organizers of my financial needs to see if they have discretionary funds for hotel stay, etc.  So, I say, it never hurts to ask!

Enjoy!

Here is a video of the 2015 institute

Comments

Popular Posts