Professional Development: Latin American Art: A Workshop for Educators

In December I applied for a workshop at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill titled, Latin American Art: A Workshop for Educators.

I have to say that I immensely enjoyed my time. It was my first time at the campus.  It is located on a very quaint campus.  I love North Carolina as I used to live there and it was nice to get back.

The workshop opened up with a history of art

Part of my dissertation includes analyzing the black experience in Renaissance art.  Art history is not my area of expertise, so this workshop was vital in gaining an understanding of what to look for in art.

One of the more endearing presentations was from a Mexican street artist who allowed us to paint canvases with him.  I love when workshops are hands-on.  But more importantly, he passed on his love for art and gave us the permission to experiment with some of the techniques we learned.

Comments

Popular Posts