What every traveling instructor needs

Right now I'm an adjunct and I spend more time in my car in the car than I do in class. Due to my own personal experiences, I have some recommendations for things you need to always have at your disposal . . just in case.

1. A bag. This bag must be big enough to hold the items below. It needs to not be so flashy so that if you leave it in your car someone with think something of value is in it and try to steal it. You must never take this bag out of the car.  I keep mine in the trunk.

2. Change of clothes. Something that is made out of cotton would be advisable. This is for those times when you are traveling and you need to change clothes. If you live down south like I do, it is always miserably hot, so your clothing can ruin easily.

3. Deodorant. A spray type is advisable so that it won't melt in the sun in the summers.

4. Travel size toothbrush and toothpaste/floss.

5. Mints, cough drops, etc.

6. Mouthwash. In case you don't have time to brush your teeth between classes.

7. Twenty dollars. This is in case you leave your house without your wallet, and you need to buy food or get gas to make it back home. This actually happened to me!

8. Umbrella. It is always good to have an umbrella in your car even if you are not a traveling teacher.

9. Fix a flat. This does not go in the bag, but should be in your car regardless of your profession.

10. Change of shoes. You may break a heel, or the shoes you have may cause you to have blisters. Go with black; it matches everything.

11. Hand sanitizer. Handling papers all day, touching doors, etc. is a common bacteria hazzard for teachers. If you are like me and eat in your car, having hand sanitizer is the perfect solution!

12. Wet naps. I always use baby wet naps, they smell better! This cleans up messes in your car (spilled coffee, mayonnaise drop from your sandwich, etc.)

13. Perfume. Don't include your "real" perfume as heat causes perfumes to lose its potency. An off brand that you like will suffice. Bath and Body Works has wonderful sales in January and June!

14. Lotion.

15. Phone charger.

What say you fellow adjunts, am I missing anything?

Comments

Popular Posts